FRANCISCAN CHURCH AND CONVENT | | Hősök Kapuja

  • Magyar
  • English
1908

FRANCISCAN CHURCH AND CONVENT |

The single-nave Franciscan Church was built in 1730, in Rococo style. As both the church and the convent were seriously damaged by frequent conflagrations, they had been entirely renovated. The convent was enhanced with a second store and attached to the church building. In the refectory more than 200 years old Italian paintings have decorated the ceiling above the carved panelling. The gilded statues of St Emeric and St Ladislas of Hungary are standing by the high altar.

Author: 
Péter Tóth G.
Categories: 
Building
Medium: 
Image
Type: 
Before/After
Share/Save
Website by InnoTeq