CEMETERY OF THE VICTIMS OF WW 1 | VESZPRÉM | Hősök Kapuja

  • Magyar
  • English
1918

CEMETERY OF THE VICTIMS OF WW 1 | VESZPRÉM

The former Trade School (now Kossuth Lajos School), the Loreto Sister’s and the Sisters of Mercy’s schools, along with the Piarists’ grammar school had been converted to a military hospital in August 1914. War wounded arrived from all fronts of WW 1. There were 362 (among them 338 Hungarians) buried in Veszprém. Apart from them Croatian, Czech, Slovakian, and Romanian soldiers, also Italian, Russian and Serbian prisoners of war were buried here. War hospitals were closed in 1918.

Author: 
Péter Tóth G.
Categories: 
Monument
Medium: 
Image
Type: 
Photo
Share/Save
Website by InnoTeq